There are places you fall in love with without even having seen them, and when you finally do, you fall in love harder. Castello Banfi in Montalcino became such a place for me.
The castle is located on a large hill surrounded by vineyards, olive groves, plum gardens, wheat fields, truffle meadows, and forests.
The ample inner territory hosts a five-star hotel with a swimming pool, fountain, restaurant, enoteca, museum, and other delights. All is covered by greenery and flowers.
Beauty, harmony, and pure joy embody the whole space.
This is the ideal wedding location for anyone who appreciates the beauty of the simple and powerful structure of an ancient castle, being surrounded by vast Tuscan landscapes, and feeling united with nature.
Our photo session conveys the atmosphere of an elopement – a young couple’s intimate escape from the crowd. Even so, the castle creates a cheerful, friendly atmosphere and can host a large number of guests – some can even stay in the castle's luxurious suites.
The outfits of the bride and groom express a classic style. Pronovias’ artistic director Manuel Monta created the Trumpet Selena dress: it is a stunning ivory gown with layers of chiffon, tulle and lace, elegantly cascading down, forming a long train. Shoes: Jimmy Choo.
2. The First Look at the bride in a wedding dress.
3. Symbolic ceremony in the garden. The arch is made of twigs, interwoven green branches, cascades of boiling white hydrangeas, light lemon and pale pink roses and blackberries.
4. Dinner after the ceremony at the medieval wall of the courtyard of the castle.
5. A dazzling bride in the rays of the setting sun.
6. A romantic walk before sunset along the vineyards and cypresses.
Credits: Primavera Dreams, a full-service US wedding agency specializing in Italy, Sati Bibò at www.satibibo.com, an Inspirational Guru; Venue: Castello Banfi at www.castellobanfiilborgo.com, and its manager Serena Rossi; Photographer: Jules Bower, at www.jules-photographer.com; Stylist & Make Up Artist: Cherie Spisso, at www.cheriespisso.com; Flowers and Design: Roberto Fiori di Rossi Ivana at www.robertofiori.com;